You are here
- Home >
Josh, ChoaMin and Mike presented their work at FNANO 2018!
Our undergraduate students presented posters at the Denman Research Forum!
Carlos was awarded a Fulrbight US Research Scholar Grant. Additional info in the stories here:
Melika presented a poster at Hayed Forum!
New paper on statistical modeling of DNA compliant hinges is out! Check it out in here.
New collaborative paper studying the 3D conformations of DNA origami mechanisms using Individual Particle Electron Tomography (IPET) is out in Nature Communications! link
Teng passed his qualifying exams! Oo Oo!
New article on DNA origami devices for molecular-scale precision measurements is out in MRS Bulletin! Check it out here!
New article on structural aspects and dynamics of DNA nanostructures! Check it out here!
Congradulations to Anjelica and Andres for Graduation!
11/05/17 - OhioMOD 2017 receieved Silver category award BIOMOD competition. Well done! Check out their competition page here
10/31/17 - New NBL paper on engineering cell surfaces with DNA origami is out! Some media news coverage:
07/13/2017 - Alex defended his dissertation, congratulation Dr. Marras!
Apr 2017 - Lifeng defended his dissertation, congratulation Dr. Zhua!
03/29/17 - Ten of our undergraduate students presented posters at the Denman Research Forum!
- Lifeng and Alex's paper on "Projection kinematic analysis of DNA origami mechanisms based on a two-dimensional TEM image." got published! See the article here
- Our collaboration with the Dr. Soghrati's lab led to this article: "Automated Quantification of the Impact of Defects on the Mechanical Behavior of DNA Origami Nanoplates." in ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. See the paper here.
- 10/30/16 - OhioMOD 2016 placed 3rd in the BIOMOD competition. Well done! Check out their competition page here
- 8/10/16 - Mike defended his dissertation, congrats!
- 6/30/16 - Our collaboration with the Poirier lab led to this article: "Probing Nucleosome Stability with a DNA Origami Nanocaliper" recently published in ACS Nano
- 5/15/16 - Molly completed her M.S. and is pursuing a PhD at University of Washington
- 3/30/16 - Seven of our undergraduate students presented posters at the Denman Research Forum today! Great job everyone!
- 2/23/16 - Patrick and Chris's paper is getting some nice press! See this recent article
- 11/18/15 - Lifeng Zhou has been awarded a Presidential Fellowship! Congratulations!
- 5/27/15 - Congratulations to Jenny Le for winning 2nd Place at the Annual Interdisciplinary Graduate Program (IGP) Biophysics Symposium
- 2/13/14 - Congrats to Lifeng and Alex on getting their paper accepted at Nano Letters! See the paper here.
- 2/9/15 - Nice work NBL (Castro Lab) and DISL (Su Lab) for publishing a feature article in the Royal Society of Chemistry Journal, Nanoscale. See the paper here.
- 2/6/15 - Our collaborative project with Dr. Su's Lab has been getting some attention! Thanks to Pam Gorder who wrote a nice article for OSU to help us get some wider interest.
- 1/10/15 - Congrats to Alex Marras and Lifeng Zhou for publishing our work in PNAS! See the paper here!
- 11/1/14 - Ohiomod got a Gold rating at the Biomod competition! Congrats!
- 4/17/14 - Congratulations to Alex Marras for winning a best poster prize at the Foundations of Nanoscience (FNANO) Conference
- 4/16/14 - Congratulations to Cherry Gupta for publishing in Biomicrofluidics. See her paper here!
- 2/10/14 - Vienny Nguyen's project is featured in the Columbus Dispatch and on OSU's Research News page! Check them out!
- 12/18/13 - Congratulations to Lifeng Zhou and Alex Marras. Their paper was just accepted in ACS NANO. Take a look!
- 12/4/13 - Congratulations to Randy Patton for winning the innaugural Annual NBL T-shirt Design Competition. Check back soon for pictures in our group photos page!
- 11/18/13 - NBL publishes Vienny Nguyen's manuscript investigating the mechanical design of an ant neck joint.
- 11/17/13 - Congratulations to NBL summer student Esmarline De Leon Peralta for winning 2nd place in the AIChE 2013 annual meeting undergraduate student poster competition!
- 2/4/13 - Welcome to new NBL member, post-doctoral researcher Chris Lucas! Chris joins us from the OSU Biomedical Sciences Graduate program where he got his PhD in the lab of Virginia Sanders studying the growth-inducing signaling pathway of CD86 in B cells. For more info on Chris previous work click here.
- Congratulations to NBL PhD student Michael Hudoba for winning first prize at the Hayes Graduate Research Forum for his talk on "Development of a Nanoscale DNA Force Transducer"
- NBL receives NIH Innovative Molecular
- NBL receives Career Development Program grant from The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center Leukemia SPORE
- NBL receives NSF Broadening Research Initiation Grants in Engineering for a project to develop a nanodevice to perform fluorescence-based force spectroscopy.
- NBL receives NSF grant from the Engineering and Systems Design Program for a collaborative project with Dr. Haijun Su's lab also in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department for the Design and Development of DNA Origami Machines and Mechanisms.