You are here
- Home >
07/13/2017 - Alex defended his dissertation, congratulation Dr. Marras!
Apr 2017 - Lifeng defended his dissertation, congratulation Dr. Zhua!
03/29/17 - Ten of our undergraduate students presented posters at the Denman Research Forum!
- Lifeng and Alex's paper on "Projection kinematic analysis of DNA origami mechanisms based on a two-dimensional TEM image." got published! See the article here
- Our collaboration with the Dr. Soghrati's lab led to this article: "Automated Quantification of the Impact of Defects on the Mechanical Behavior of DNA Origami Nanoplates." in ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. See the paper here.
- 10/30/16 - OhioMOD 2016 placed 3rd in the BIOMOD competition. Well done! Check out their competition page here
- 8/10/16 - Mike defended his dissertation, congrats!
- 6/30/16 - Our collaboration with the Poirier lab led to this article: "Probing Nucleosome Stability with a DNA Origami Nanocaliper" recently published in ACS Nano
- 5/15/16 - Molly completed her M.S. and is pursuing a PhD at University of Washington
- 3/30/16 - Seven of our undergraduate students presented posters at the Denman Research Forum today! Great job everyone!
- 2/23/16 - Patrick and Chris's paper is getting some nice press! See this recent article
- 11/18/15 - Lifeng Zhou has been awarded a Presidential Fellowship! Congratulations!
- 5/27/15 - Congratulations to Jenny Le for winning 2nd Place at the Annual Interdisciplinary Graduate Program (IGP) Biophysics Symposium
- 2/13/14 - Congrats to Lifeng and Alex on getting their paper accepted at Nano Letters! See the paper here.
- 2/9/15 - Nice work NBL (Castro Lab) and DISL (Su Lab) for publishing a feature article in the Royal Society of Chemistry Journal, Nanoscale. See the paper here.
- 2/6/15 - Our collaborative project with Dr. Su's Lab has been getting some attention! Thanks to Pam Gorder who wrote a nice article for OSU to help us get some wider interest.
- 1/10/15 - Congrats to Alex Marras and Lifeng Zhou for publishing our work in PNAS! See the paper here!
- 11/1/14 - Ohiomod got a Gold rating at the Biomod competition! Congrats!
- 4/17/14 - Congratulations to Alex Marras for winning a best poster prize at the Foundations of Nanoscience (FNANO) Conference
- 4/16/14 - Congratulations to Cherry Gupta for publishing in Biomicrofluidics. See her paper here!
- 2/10/14 - Vienny Nguyen's project is featured in the Columbus Dispatch and on OSU's Research News page! Check them out!
- 12/18/13 - Congratulations to Lifeng Zhou and Alex Marras. Their paper was just accepted in ACS NANO. Take a look!
- 12/4/13 - Congratulations to Randy Patton for winning the innaugural Annual NBL T-shirt Design Competition. Check back soon for pictures in our group photos page!
- 11/18/13 - NBL publishes Vienny Nguyen's manuscript investigating the mechanical design of an ant neck joint.
- 11/17/13 - Congratulations to NBL summer student Esmarline De Leon Peralta for winning 2nd place in the AIChE 2013 annual meeting undergraduate student poster competition!
- 2/4/13 - Welcome to new NBL member, post-doctoral researcher Chris Lucas! Chris joins us from the OSU Biomedical Sciences Graduate program where he got his PhD in the lab of Virginia Sanders studying the growth-inducing signaling pathway of CD86 in B cells. For more info on Chris previous work click here.
- Congratulations to NBL PhD student Michael Hudoba for winning first prize at the Hayes Graduate Research Forum for his talk on "Development of a Nanoscale DNA Force Transducer"
- NBL receives NIH Innovative Molecular
- NBL receives Career Development Program grant from The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center Leukemia SPORE
- NBL receives NSF Broadening Research Initiation Grants in Engineering for a project to develop a nanodevice to perform fluorescence-based force spectroscopy.
- NBL receives NSF grant from the Engineering and Systems Design Program for a collaborative project with Dr. Haijun Su's lab also in the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department for the Design and Development of DNA Origami Machines and Mechanisms.